Life is a learning experience itself and if you believe this, you will work towards progress in your personal and professional pursuits. Be updated with what is going on or become redundant. Such as, learning public speaking, latest negotiation strategies, business writing, how to be tech-savvy, how to start a company or how to talk another language.
Are you aware there are free online courses for these?
Reputed schools offer free online courses and there is no stopping to learning new skills. Your employability increases several fold if you choose to consistently learn. Once you see the list below, you will be astonished at what you can do without paying money!
• Harvard University offers an Introduction to Computer Science
• University of Michigan offers Programming for Everybody (Python)
• University of Washington offers an Introduction to Public Speaking
• University of Michigan offers a course on Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills
• Stanford University’s Sam Altman offers How to Start a Start Up
• University of Maryland offers a course on New Venture Finance: Funding for Entrepreneurs
• University of Strathclyde offers an Introduction to Journalism
• MIT offers a course on learning Spanish
There are far too many ways to improve your skills online and frankly if you are not capitalizing on it then you are at a disadvantage to your competitors who have already been there and done that by now.
Believe in yourself. Believe in the power of information. Believe in the implementation of what you learn. Make the best of it. Power up your CV and enrich your future!
Google is a great place to start your learning through Google Books. YouTube DIYs, watching Documentaries from sites such as http://freedocumentaries.org/ and via LinkedIn Pulse – following your influencers such as Tony Robbins, Jack Welch, Richard Branson, Travis Bradberry and even HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum. There is massive scope to enhance your skills and to keep learning through these honourable influencers. Though don’t stop there, channelize your education towards your passion to succeed in it.
Employability depends not merely on how much you know but also how much you do.
About the Author:
Anchal Andrews is a Fellow Member of the Chartered Management Institute incorporated by the Royal Charter in the United Kingdom, she has worked in United Arab Emirates for over 15 years and is the Owner of SkillMaker Consultancy Private Limited in India. She is the Author of the book titled ‘Beyond Frontline Excellence’.