IT Support Assistant
We are looking for a talented IT Support Assistant to monitor, diagnose, and resolve technical issues associated with a range of hardware and software systems. As an IT Support Assistant, you will be required to help employees by setting up user accounts, install & configure various IT hardware, installing operating systems, and provide training on new software programs, among other duties.
To ensure success as an IT Support Assistant, you should be able to efficiently troubleshoot and diagnose issues and have a broad knowledge of the latest developments in IT.
IT Support Assistant Responsibilities:
• Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
• Installing and updating software such as MS Office, antivirus, and operating systems.
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
• Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
• Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
• Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
• Setting up system and accounts for new users
• Possibly training junior staff
• Test and evaluate new technology
• Support the roll-out of new applications
• Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
• Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
• Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and stake holders
• Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
• Keeping abreast of the latest developments in hardware, software, protocols, and diagnostic skillsets.
IT Support Assistant Requirements:
• Degree in computer science, information technology, or similar.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in information technology preferred.
• IT Certifications are preferred, but not mandatory.
• Capable of working on MS Office, O365, windows clients and server operating systems.
• Ability to work strategically even in stressful situations.
• Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Subscribe to the latest product updates, tips on finding the best jobs and candidates and so much more with getthat alerts. You can turn it off anytime by clicking on the notification icon.Subscribe
Go to your browser settings or preferences.
Check the permissions for notifications.
Change block to allow