We’re here because we believe you deserve better. If you experience any problems on the site please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We’ll do our best to resolve it.
Essential Job Function
• Provides pre and post sales, technical, and training support on operation and application protection testing hardware and software to potential and existing customers.
• Supports the Regional Sales Managers and Channel Partners to provide demonstrations of protection equipment to potential customers.
• Prepares test plans for various models of protection relays, meter, transducer ,control devices and systems for use in various software applications. This includes the use of worksheets and programming scripts to make them reusable and automated.
• Delivers training to customers on testing techniques and applications of protection products.
• Supports new product development and current product enhancement via incorporation of customer feedback.
• Participates in conferences/trade shows and other company sponsored events including committee meetings, general sessions, user group meetings and meeting with customers.
• Communicates customer needs to AVACO management, members of the TAE Department, Solutions Managers, etc.
• Provides support in testing new product feature sets, and software evaluation to improve overall product quality and make feature suggestions to Engineering Department.
• Provides basic language support via term extraction from manuals, guides, brochures and other product literature.
• Assists in sales lead generation and follow-up.
• Builds productive relationships with customers in order to build customer loyalty and be able to identify or anticipate customer needs.
• Prepares trip reports on product demonstrations, training and customer visits.
• Performs other duties as assigned by his manager.
• 5+ years of experience in the protection engineering field particularly in protective relay testing.
• Ability to test all types of devices from simple electromechanical relays, meters, transducers and control devices to complex numerical multifunction protection and automation devices and systems.
• Good understanding of different application protection and control schemes and practices and ability to understand and draw schematic diagrams.
• Hands-on experience in testing as well as diagnostics of the protection and control schemes in the field as well as in the laboratory environment.
• Strong mathematical skills for modeling relay characteristics and for fault calculations and transients.
• A solid history of commitment to customer service.
• Experience in sales lead generation.
• The ability to teach and relate ideas or concepts to individuals with varied levels of experience.
• The ability to express ideas clearly in written, oral and developing new media communications.
• Excellent time management skills, in order to work from a remote environment.
• A strong balance of product and service orientation.
• Demonstrated superior skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
• Proven project management skills and ability to meet critical deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
• Domestic and international travel required (up to 50%); this level can vary throughout the year due to customer demand.
• Must be fluent English, both oral and written form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to stand for extended periods of time, bend, sit, climb stairs, walk, utilize oral and written communication to interact with co-workers, perform manual tasks which require arm strength and dexterity. The employee may need to travel by air up to 8 hours at one time. The employee will work around High Voltage equipment. The employee must be able to lift up to25kg. The employee may be exposed to extreme weather conditions in temperature and precipitation.
The position involves the use of computers, reading, and writing, use of fax machines, use of copy machines, and use of telephones.