A private camel reproduction farm in UAE decides to recruit an animal reproduction specialist. The ideal candidate should be a veterinary doctor with a minimum 3 years of independent and successful experience in reproduction practice of large animals. Since camel reproduction practice is restricted to few countries, eligible candidate with enough experiences in other large animals like as cow and horse are welcome to apply.
High level summary of responsibilities include:
• Provide safe, efficient and successful reproduction assessment and management of recipient camel herds and embryo/sperm donors.
• Provide efficient and successful synchronization of recipients and donors, embryo transfer and artificial insemination, and pregnancy detection.
• Professional skills in sonographical examination of ovarian and uterine functions and pregnancy is highly desired.
• Provide efficient and successful management of health and disease prevention of the camel herd.
• Ensure timely and accurate communication of on-farm procedures to additional personnel as required
• Accurate record keeping including but not limited to herd information, reproduction processes and animal information
• Provide accurate and timely reports
• Follow all safety and biosecurity procedures and protocols
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Hold a veterinary degree or equal diploma with successful experiences in Animal Breeding, Animal Science, Dairy Science, or related field
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrate a positive and professional image
A short training period in more advanced reproductive procedures will be provided for the selected candidate.