Who You Are:
The ideal candidate will have the primary responsibility of writing frameworks and tools to test products. This combines the "building" aspect of software design engineering with the "breaking" aspect of software test engineering. You will be writing codes that automatically verifies the quality of the product. You will understand software internals, debug code, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks needed to streamline our quality process. You will be required to work directly with technical teams to understand project features, review technical designs, and implement automated test tools, procedures, and scripts that help deliver quality products. You are an expert in comprehending user-stories and can develop test plans and test cases that approximate real-world environments and scenarios.
A Day in the Life:
- Have a good understanding of algorithms, data structures, programming languages, programming paradigms to test and operate sustainable client-side or server-side software applications and services.
- First and foremost, you have an engineering mindset and a full-stack tester (data-services-UI) who is passionate about solving problems through automation.
- Work with the teams to add and refine acceptance criteria and the definition-of-done to user stories.
- Develop test scripts, particularly as part of behavior-driven, test-driven, and acceptance test-driven development.
- Develop frameworks for automated testing and manual testing.
- Find edge cases and create negative and exploratory testing.
- Designing and performing end-to-end tests, exploratory testing, performance testing.
- Prepare data and scripts necessary for automated, manual, and performance testing.
- Find defects and work directly with the team to create fixes and validate new tests.
- Creating and running automated tests to enable continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Reviewing and testing cross-system concerns such as single sign-on, open source usage, common security requirements, and regulatory standards.
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving production system issues.
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent, and/or strong in computer science fundamentals of algorithm design, programming constructs, problem-solving, US principles, etc.
- 5+ years of strong, demonstrable experience working as an engineer or SDET.
- Thorough understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle, and processes.
- Strong software development fundamentals including automated testing, source control, continuous integration in addition to continuous delivery and/or deployment.
- Familiarity with streaming platforms (real-time data at a massive scale like Confluent Kafka).
- Experience working with test-driven development (TDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using Gherkin languages like Cucumber, Cucumber-JVM, Cucumber-js, SpecFlow, Serenity.
- Solid working experience with cloud technologies and platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- Proven experience developing test automation tools, frameworks, and test automation.
- 2+ years of experience and exposure to the Selenium framework.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS technologies including ECS, EC2, S3, CloudFormation.
- Desired: 3+ years of experience with the .NET Framework or Java.
- Desired: 3+ years of experience with relational databases (e.g. MS-SQL, Oracle)
- Familiar with the project tools: Jira, Confluence, Slack, MS Office, SharePoint, Smartsheet.
We are all leaders, committed to growth and results. Are you ready to create a positive change with the work you do, for the community and the world?
We’re looking for you. Join us.
Subscribe to the latest product updates, tips on finding the best jobs and candidates and so much more with getthat alerts. You can turn it off anytime by clicking on the notification icon.Subscribe
Go to your browser settings or preferences.
Check the permissions for notifications.
Change block to allow